Thursday, February 3, 2011

Courtesy of April Yu

Here is a song written by April about Cube Drafting in Magic: the Gathering. Its sung to the tune of Party in the USA:


"I hop to the store at 6pm with a dream and a hope to win
Welcome to the format of power excess, am I gonna fit in?
I sit down, cube drafting for the first time
Pass to my right, I'm looking for a sign
This is all so crazy
All these cards are so famous
My tummy's turning and I'm feeling kinda anxious
Too much pressure and I'm nervous
That's when I get passed my seventh pick
And a Mana Crypt was in
And a Mana Crypt was in
And a Mana Crypt was in

So I put my hands up, I'm drafting my deck, the butterflies fly away
I'm grabbing the spells like yeah
I'm passing the cards like yeah
So I put my hands up, I'm drafting my deck, I know I'm gonna be OK
Yeahhhh there's a cube draft going on today
Yeahhhh there's a cube draft going on today

The drafting's done, sorting through my spells
Everybody's looking through their decks
Oh, who's this dragon that taps for cards?
It's gotta be a Niv-Mizzit

This broken card, don't really want cut it
This definitely ain't standard constructed
'cause all I see are foils
Guess I'll splash this shiny Recoil

My tummy's turning and I'm feeling kinda anxious
Too much pressure and I'm nervous
That's when I go through my land again
And I see Badlands is in
And I see Badlands is in
And I see Badlands is in

So I put my hands up, I'm building my deck, the butterflies fly away
I'm adding my spells like yeah
Then cutting my spells like yeah
I put my hands up, I'm building my deck, I know I'm gonna be OK
Yeahhhh there's a cube draft going on today
Yeahhhh there's a cube draft going on today

I feel like scooping up my board
I'm almost dead on turn four
But the topdeck stops me every time
Rip Damnation and I feel all right

So I put my hands up, I'm playing my deck, the butterflies fly away
I'm tapping my lands like yeah
I'm casting my spells like yeah
So I put my hands up, I'm playing my deck, I know I'm gonna be OK
Yeahhhh there's a cube draft going on today
Yeahhhh there's a cube draft going on today"


3 comments:

  1. She's still into her? Miley is getting a little too old.

    Maybe April should look into Selena Gomez.

    ReplyDelete