Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Calling All Sci-Fi Boardgamers!


I have a problem.



It isn't that I'm addicted to Keldon.net's newest RFTG software, because that's perfectly understandable. It isn't that I spend too much time playing Race for the Galaxy online against Mele, Jason and/or James over the course of my workdays and evenings, because a game of RFTG doesn't take that long, right? Plus, I can usually multitask my way through work assignments or television in the meantime, and Race is a cerebral diversion instead of a simple distraction...



My problem is that, well, I guess I'm pretty awful at Race for the Galaxy. My matches against James recall such past experiences as playing Magic: The Gathering against Alex for winless, depressing hours on a near daily basis.

My options are to seek outside help... or just play more often, wildly abandoning my official professional duties, my responsibilities as a good boyfriend, and my personal ambitions to job hunt and finish personal projects. Unfortunately, I am too busy playing RFTG to read any silly geek blogs.



I guess what I am saying is that I like Race for the Galaxy alot and I would like to extend an open invitation to all of you to download the newest CPU client and join me on my quest to become less pathetic. Or more pathetic, depending on your point of view.

6 comments:

  1. Well if it makes you feel any better Zach, I'm not as unrelenting while playing Magic as I used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CHINA will save Uncle Sam from the world's half-empty rice-bowl crisis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That earth-pot rice bowl is clearly half-full!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zach, I'll play Race for the Galaxy with you online if you let me have my way with Mele for just one weekend. It's totally worth it, and also I'm a huge threat to your relationship.

    ReplyDelete